Foundations | Single Tier Buttercream Cake Basics | Video Tutorial
Everything you need to know to achieve a beautifully smooth & sharp-edged cake base!
The beginning is always the best place to start!
In this course we will be taking you through the basics of how to smoothly frost a tall cake with sharp edges, giving you a neat and tidy base to get creative with. There's heaps of nifty tricks in here from what kind of cake sponges we love to use in cake decorating to the perfect Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe!
If you're new to cake frosting or simply want to brush up, this course is perfect for you.
You will learn:
- The different types of frosting and why we love Swiss meringue buttercream
- How to confidently whip up a batch of Swiss meringue buttercream
- Colouring & flavouring swiss meringue buttercream
- Rewhipping Swiss meringue buttercream
- Storage of Swiss meringue buttercream
- Tips on planning your cake & basic tools needed
- Cutting, stacking, filling & frosting a single tier cake
- How to achieve sharp edges on your cake
- Transporting & storage of your cake prior to serving
*Note: This course is comprised of video & supporting PDF material.
Born from a love of stealing hearts with beautiful, sugary creations Sweet LionHeart is an online bake shop located in Cape Town, South Africa
Officially opening in February 2016, our all gurl team has become known for it’s artfully crafted and delicious baked creations. Our team has a diverse pool of skills from recipe development, styling and photography, stop-frame animation, graphic design and, of course, cake design!