Design | Textured Buttercream Cake & Isomalt Splash | Video Tutorial
Master our signature LH textured buttercream technique & learn how to make beautiful Isomalt Splashes in this video course!
For all you textured buttercream lovers out there - this one is for YOU!
Our textured buttercream technique has become a LH signature look and we just can't get enough of it. As our most requested course we are so excited to finally be able to bring this onto an online platform and make it accessible across the globe.
In this video course we will be taking you through the basics of how to frost a cake with sharp edges, achieve our LH textured buttercream look and dabble in some Isomalt work when making a Splash to finish off this design. This versatile design can be executed in all the colours you can dream up and we can't wait to see what you do with your new-found skills!
You will learn:
- The different types of frosting and why we love Swiss meringue buttercream
- How to confidently whip up a batch of Swiss meringue buttercream
- Colouring & flavouring Swiss meringue buttercream
- Rewhipping Swiss meringue buttercream
- Storage of Swiss meringue buttercream
- Tips on planning your cake & basic tools needed
- Cutting, stacking, filling & frosting a single tier cake
- Our signature LH textured buttercream technique
- How to achieve sharp edges on your cake
- The basics of Isomalt
- Cooking, colouring & remelting Isomalt
- How to achieve a few different Isomalt shape designs
- Applying gold leaf to an Isomalt splash
- Dry metallic dusting onto Isomalt
- Storage of Isomalt
- Transporting & storage of your cake prior to serving
*Note: This course is comprised of video & supporting PDF material.
Born from a love of stealing hearts with beautiful, sugary creations Sweet LionHeart is an online bake shop located in Cape Town, South Africa
Officially opening in February 2016, our all gurl team has become known for it’s artfully crafted and delicious baked creations. Our team has a diverse pool of skills from recipe development, styling and photography, stop-frame animation, graphic design and, of course, cake design!