Design | Stone Finish Two-Tier Cake with Fresh Florals | Video Tutorial
Tier & floral-dress your stone finished buttercream cakes with confidence!
There are few thing as impressive as a tiered cake standing tall in the middle of a room, stealing the spotlight!
As cake designers we appreciate the art of sugar flowers but we like to leave the flower making to the one that knows best. Mother Nature.
Using fresh florals we will show you how to approach finishing a tiered cake design that will steal the show. In this course we will also be showing you how to achieve a stone finish buttercream cake as well as how to tier your cakes for (almost - because it never really is, right?) worry-free transporting!
You will learn:
- The different types of frosting and why we love Swiss meringue buttercream
- How to confidently whip up a batch of Swiss Meringue buttercream
- Colouring & flavouring swiss meringue buttercream
- Rewhipping Swiss meringue buttercream
- Storage of Swiss meringue buttercream
- Tips on planning your cake & basic tools needed
- Cutting, stacking, filling & frosting a two tier cake
- How to achieve a buttercream stone finish
- How to achieve sharp edges on your cake
- Tiering a cake
- Applying gold leaf to a cake
- Working with fresh florals
- Transporting & storage of your cake prior to serving
*Note: This course is comprised of video & supporting PDF material.
Born from a love of stealing hearts with beautiful, sweet creations LionHeart is an online-based pâtisserie studio located in Cape Town, South Africa
Officially opening in February 2016, our all girl team has become known for it’s artfully crafted and delicious baked creations. Our team has a diverse pool of skills from recipe development, styling and photography, stop-frame animation, graphic design and, of course, cake design!
StartPart 1 | Cutting Your Cakes (2:47)
StartPart 2 | Preparing Boards For Tiering (0:37)
StartPart 3 | Colouring Your Frosting (1:44)
StartPart 4 | Stacking & Filling (5:03)
StartPart 5 | Crumb Coating (1:06)
StartPart 6 | Fully Frosting (7:02)
StartPart 7 | Fixing A Bubbly Surface (1:14)
StartPart 8 | Stone Finish (2:23)
StartPart 9 | Sharp Edges (3:24)